Friday, December 9, 2011

Say to This Mountain by Bodie and Brock Thoene

Buy at Amazon
"The mountain of the Great Depression looms over their lives. But it s nothing compared to the unfulfilled yearnings of their hearts. Thousands are jobless after the stock- market crash of 1929. Former company owners now stand around smudge-pot fires to stay warm and live in shanties built of boxes, discarded lumber, and tin. With each day, more people lose their jobs, and the desperation grows. Where will it end?"


This is the third and last book of the Shiloh Legacy series and I can say it was just as good as the other ones (Shiloh Legacy #1 and #2). It dragged a bit at the beginning during Ellis' parts, but it really picked up pace until I was cruising on the highway:-)

The plot was interesting and there were some exciting twists. This book does deal with some very sad topics like suicide, but again the topics are handled in the right way. Overall this was an excellent read and one that I enjoyed immensely. The characters truly feel somewhat like family and I'm glad the Tucker's and Canfields' lives are continued in Shiloh Autumn.

I highly recommend this book. It can be bought at Amazon.comChristianbook.com, etc.... If anyone is inspired to read this book because of this post, let me know. I would love to share in you reading experience:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment