Sunday, June 24, 2012

Book Review: The Anniversary Waltz by Darrel Nelson

Buy At Amazon
"At their sixtieth anniversary party, Adam Carlson asks his wife, Elizabeth, for their customary waltz. After the dance they gather the family and share their story—a story of love and courage overcoming adversity and thriving in the face of overwhelming odds.
It’s the summer of 1946, and Adam has just returned from the war to his home in Reunion, Montana. At a town festival he meets Elizabeth Baxter, a young woman going steady with his former high school rival and now influential banker, Nathan Roberts.
When Adam and Elizabeth share a waltz in a deserted pavilion one evening, their feelings begin to grow and they embark on a journey, and a dance, that will last a lifetime."

The Anniversary Waltz was a unique romance that swept me away in it's tale of forgiveness, redemption, and love. Darrel Nelson brought a freshness to the Historical Romance genre. From beautiful word pictures and smooth writing, to a mud-fight romance scene and an unexpected ending- this book had it all!

The pacing was just right. After the slow beginning, the plot steadily plodded onward beckoning me to continue the story until its ending. My emotions were stirred as I rejoiced- and wept- with the characters. My heart bonded with the characters and my imagination was able to easily envision the scenes. Darrel engaged all of my senses resulting in a satisfying read. If you're looking for a change from the usual Historical Romance fare, then I recommend you read The Anniversary Waltz. You won't be disappointed! I give it 5 stars. It can be bought at Amazon.

** Thanks to Wild Card Blog Tours for providing me a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review, which I have given. 

No comments:

Post a Comment