Saturday, July 28, 2012

Book Review: A Bride Opens Shop in El Dorado, California by Keli Gwyn

Buy At Amazon
"An ever-resourceful widow, Elenora Watkins arrives in El Dorado ready to go into partnership with Miles Rutledge. When he refuses, Elenora becomes the competition across the street. Is this town big enough for the two of them?

Miles can’t help but stick his well-polished boot in his mouth whenever he comes face-to-face with Elenora. Can he find a way to win her heart while destroying her business?

Miles’s mother, Maude, is bent on Elenora becoming her new daughter-in-law while Elenora’s daughter, Tildy, thinks Miles would make a perfect papa. How far will these meddlers go to unite this enterprising pair?"

This year I have read many debut novels and I must say that Keli's has surpassed them all. Everything was done perfectly! From vivid descriptions to believable and lovable characters. From a fast-paced plot to a heart-fluttering romance. Keli certainly included all the ingredients to create the perfect novel... and she has accomplished just that.

Elenora was a very strong-headed heroine. Her enthusiasm to accomplish things to the best of her ability was admirable. And Tildy was such a fun character! Her zest for life was inspiring and she definitely added a humorous edge to the book. Miles, once he stopped being so pig-headed (prideful), was a wonderful hero;) The secondary characters rounded out the story nicely, as well.

As I mentioned before, the plot was fast-paced and encouraged me to continue reading. I had to know how the story finished! From being interested in how Elenora progressed in her business to anticipating the next run-in between the hero and heroine, there was never a dull moment! And I must add that the romance was very well done. In a romance, I expect the author to throw the main characters together at every possible moment and Keli did just that.

As I'm sure you've noticed, I enjoyed Keli's debut novel novel immensely and I am eagerly awaiting her next release (I would love to see Tildy have a story all on her own, hint, hint, Keli:). I highly recommend A Bride Opens Shop in El Dorado, California. It rightfully earns 5 stars. It can be bought at Amazon.

** Many thanks to the author for providing me with a review copy of this book **

No comments:

Post a Comment