Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Peek Into A Blogger's Book Life: Interview 2- Casey Herringshaw

Wow, a week has passed by already... and it's time for the next post in the "A Peek Into A Blogger's Book Life" series. Today I'm featuring Casey- a lovely young woman whose blog has both edified and inspired me. (If you missed the last interview with Amber, go check it out HERE. I've decided to extend the giveaway for a $10 Amazon gift-card that Amber has graciously offered. God willing, the winner will be announced in the last post of this series.)

Okay, without further ado, here's Casey...

**********

Welcome to the CBRB, Casey! I’m thrilled to have you here! What is your favorite genre?

LOL! What genre ISN’T would be a better question. ;-) If I had to pick just one though that I could never deviate from reading ever again, I would say inspirational contemporary fiction. So much to love and it’s wide enough to include many of my varying tastes in reading.

What is your all time favorite book?

Again, tough question. I would probably say Hidden Places by Lynn Austin. That book has SUCH a strong plot to it and characters that leap from the page. I think I’ve read the book three times now. It’s almost time for a fourth.

What character has stood the test of time?

Definitely Faith O’Connor in A Passion Most Pure by Julie Lessman. If there is someone I want to be when I grow up, it’s Faith.

What was the most boring book you've read?

Oh….think I’ll pass on this question. Trust me, I’ve read them. Just don’t like to bash them. ;-)

I completely understand;-) What book has had the most BANG! ending?

Hmm. I actually don’t like “bang” endings, because they come on too fast most of the time. I will say the ending to Brandilyn Collins’ Over the Edge was WOW, what just happened?? But in a good way.
 
Which character has disgusted you the most?

It’s usually a villain, or someone who plays a villain like character in a book. I hate it when in-laws try and take something away from their daughter-or son-in-law, because they think they deserve it. Makes my blood boil when I read that.

Which character has been the Villain of Villains?

I think I’m going to go back to Hidden Places and say Frank Wyatt. That man was controlling people even from the grave. Shudder. Definitely a villain to remember.

Okay, a really fun question: If you could choose one character to be your husband who would you choose?

LOL! Hmm. I think I would have to say Levi Grant from To Win Her Heart by Karen Witemeyer. THAT character was truly one that made my heart sigh—in so many ways.

Last question: what is the ideal Christian fiction novel?

Ideal for me is: gritty characters and/or story line that rise above their circumstances, their faith in God strengthened and oftentimes challenged. Romance is always a good mix to blend the plot and a story that is rife with conflict and challenge, but moves me at the heart level. That is what equates “ideal” to me. And I’m so thankful to find that more times than not!

**********

Thank you again, Casey, for being here! I'm adding those books you mentioned to my ever growing "to be read" pile:-)  Alright readers, the discussion question for this week is "What character has stood the test of time?" Or, in other words, if you could invite one character to have tea- or coffee- with you, who would you choose? (And just for fun... which beverage do you prefer: coffee or tea? I think I already know the answer:-)

Hmm, since I'm asking the question, I suppose I have the right to slightly modify it:)- I can't narrow it down to one character but I can name one family. The Tucker Family from the Shiloh Legacy series by Bodie and Brock Thoene. They have definitely stood the test of time! So, join in on the discussion! Who knows, maybe one of you just might win a prize;-)

13 comments:

  1. Those are thoughtful interview questions and answers. It is always a blessing to hear the varying answers that Christian writers give to literary questions. The answers usually dredge up memories I have of some of the books I have read or else the answers stir desire to read the books mentioned.

    If I could choose a character from the Bible, I would choose Mary, the mother of Jesus. But assuming you are limiting it to fictional characters, I would choose Esther Summerson from Bleak House by Charles Dickens. She seems very wise, caring, long-suffering without bitterness, and generally like someone who would make the best of friends. We would enjoy a cup of tea, probably Darjeeling.

    Concerning tea as my chosen beverage, during my day of driving, this very day, I had a small cup of coffee in one cup holder and an unsweetened iced tea in the other cup holder. I find them to be complementary of each other.

    Blessings, Janice jsmithg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Janice! Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoying the interview! Imaginary characters make some of the best friends, don't they? :)

      Delete
  2. Aizess, thank you so much for having me on your blog! I had so much fun answering these questions. I'm honored!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the interview, I totally agree about Faith O'Connor :) Fun interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's a favorite in my ways. :)

      Delete
  4. I loved Faith and wish I could be more like her.

    I would love to have tea with Rhett Butler from Gone With The Wind. He put up with a lot from Scarlette but held out hope until he knew she would never change. I always wanted to know if he did find someone else to love.

    misskallie2000 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that would be very interesting, Kallie. I've often wondered why he kept putting up with her!

      Delete
  5. i loved this interview and posting...hi casey :)

    i would love to share a cup of coffee w/ charity o'connor...from julie lessman's novels. i love her spunk.

    karenk
    kmkuka at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another O'Connor fan! Hello Karen! Thanks for coming by. :)

      Delete
  6. Fun interview! :-D I would say, for me, the character who has stood the test of time is Lord Roldolfo Greco. As soon as I read about him in Cascade by Lisa Bergren, I was intrigued. By the time I read Torrent I had totally fallen for him. And no matter what book I’ve read with an awesome hero…no one has yet taken (or will ever take!) Greco’s place! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, kind of sounds like me and Collin from Julie Lessman's books. I've tried to find another hero and none compare! ;-)

      Delete
  7. FUN INTERVIEW, AIZESS, WITH ONE OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE EVER!!!

    Hey, Case, you DO remind me of Faith O'Connor, now that I think of it, you know?? Thanks for mentioning her, my friend. And I love Collin, of course, but I'm pretty sure Mitch and Luke have edged him out by a hair as far as my faves go. :)

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. The character I'd love to have tea with (definitely tea! I hate coffee!) would be Luca Forelli from Lisa T. Bergren's River of Time Series. I would actually love to have all of the main characters from that series to tea, but Luca is my fav!

    ReplyDelete