Saturday, August 4, 2012

Litfuse Blog Tour: Love Finds You In Mackinac, Michigan by Melanie Dobson

Buy At Amazon
As the Gilded Age comes to a close, Elena Bissette's once-wealthy family has nearly lost its fortune. The Bissettes still own a home on fashionable Mackinac Island, where they will spend one last summer in the hope of introducing Elena to a wealthy suitor. But Elena is repulsed by the idea of marrying for money.

Quickly tiring of the extravagant balls, Elena spends most evenings escaping back into Mackinac's rugged forest. There she meets Chase, a handsome laborer who shares her love for the night sky. The two begin to meet in secret at an abandoned lighthouse, where they work together to solve a mystery buried in the pages of a tattered diary.

As Elena falls in love with Chase, her mother relentlessly contrives to introduce her to Chester Darrington, the island's most eligible bachelor. Marriage to the elusive millionaire would solve the Bissettes' financial woes, and Elena is torn between duty and love.

Love Finds You in Mackinac, Michigan was an enchanting read. The lovely setting, easy-to-relate characters, and the charming romance made for an enjoyable read. Everything flowed seamlessly and the plot gently prodded me along.


The romantic tension was fairly high and kept me in anticipation. Since the romance revolved around a unknown/mistaken identity, even though in a different setting the main characters knew of each other, I eagerly awaited the moment when the two characters would realize each other's identity- and Melanie did not disappoint! And the little astronomy facts were interesting.


Of course, my favorite aspect of the story was that it was a Christ-centered read. I enjoyed that the spiritual aspect of the novel was based on the first few chapters of Genesis- it gave the book a unique feel.


All in all, Melanie has created a sweet and engaging romance that I thoroughly enjoyed. I anticipated this read to be good... and it was good. I give it 5 stars. It can be bought at Amazon.

** Thanks to the Litfuse Publicity Group for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review**

1 comment:

  1. I would like to take the oppurtunity to promote my Blpog specifically devoted to Chritian books set in the Medieval period, both Fantasy and Historical fiction.

    To take a look, just click on my name

    ReplyDelete