Saturday, November 24, 2012

Book Review: Abducted by Janice Cantore

Buy At Amazon
"After solving the mayor’s murder and exposing corruption among the top brass in Las Playas, Carly Edwards is happy to be back on patrol with her partner, Joe, putting bad guys behind bars. For once, everything in life seems to be going right.

But then everything starts going wrong. Slow to recover from an injury, her ex-husband, Nick, begins pulling away just as they were starting to get close again. Meanwhile, when Joe’s wife lands in the hospital with a mysterious illness, their baby is kidnapped. As Carly chases down every lead in a desperate search to find the baby, her new-found faith is pushed to its limits."


I was eagerly anticipating this second installment in the Pacific Coast Justice series and Janice didn’t disappoint. While not as good as the first book, Accused (click HERE to read my review), there was enough action and intrigue to keep me turning the pages. And a curiosity as to how Carly and Nick’s relationship would end.

The main plot thread– finding Joe’s kidnapped son– took center stage, with a few added twists that kept my interest. I was expecting the ”finding” of the baby to be a little more suspenseful and closer to the end of the book, but Janice surprisingly held my attention even after the main plot was resolved.

I was relieved to discover that Andrea was not as sinister as I initially suspected, although there were a few shocking incidents that involved her. And, of course, I enjoyed seeing the continuation of Carly and Nick’s budding relationship. Despite another love interest for Carly and Nick’s stubborn withdrawal because of his injured leg, Janice– thankfully– ended their relationship on a satisfying note– the same with the overall ending, with a nice dramatic ending flair.

Overall, this was a satisfying, cop-thriller sequel to Accused. I look forward to reading Janice’s next installment, Avenged. I give this book 4 out of 5 stars. It can be bought at Amazon.

** Thanks to Tyndale House Publishers for providing me a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review, which I have given**

No comments:

Post a Comment