Friday, November 2, 2012

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death

Give me liberty or give me death. Patrick Henry’s words swirl around my brain. An incessant mantra. Give me liberty or give me death. Unbidden tears spring to my eyes. Why? I do not know. Perhaps it is the careless trampling of freedom. Many willing to kill liberty for the sake of selfishness. Give me liberty or give me death. Disregarding future generations by allowing money to snatch all we hold dear. Too focused on the material, willing to toss freedom to the wind for the sake of security. Give me liberty or give me death. Deeming unworthy the pain our forefathers endured. Disregarding the blood of our heroes. Give me liberty or give me death. Silencing God. Removing Him from our leadership, our schools, our homes, our heart. Slowly diminishing the right to praise Him in spirit and in truth. Give me liberty or give me death.



May we never relive the struggles of our forefathers. But if we must… If it is necessary, may we never hesitate to stand for our Christian values-- with Jesus as our head. May we resist all threats to our God-given liberties. May we never back down if it comes time to choose between God and security. And may we always boldly proclaim… Give me liberty or give me death.

**********
P.S. Check out my updated review of Against the Tide by Elizabeth Camden HERE. And be watching out for my review of No Safe Harbor by Elizabeth Ludwig.

P.P.S. Check the Sidebar for the winner announcement for Shattered Silence by Margaret Daley. Winner please contact me!

P.P.P.S. Praise Jesus! All is well in my area of the East Coast. Where I live is probably one of the least devastated areas-- all to the glory of God. Please continue to keep those who were affected by Hurricane Sandy in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a chance to win courageous. I love that movie and all their others. I hope you get your 100 followers. God bless you.

    Glenda Parker

    ReplyDelete