Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Top Ten Christian Fiction Books of 2012 and CBRB Awards

2012 has been a great year-- especially in the Christian fiction publishing industry. So many great books have been released this past year! I want to thank all the publishers and authors who provided many of the wonderful books I was privileged to read and review; and I ask forgiveness from those publishers and authors whose books I was not able to review this year due mostly to a lack of time. And THANK YOU to all the authors who extended the privilege of featuring them on CBRB (Christian Book Review Blog)! I owe much of the success of this blog's first year to you, authors, who took the time to answer my questions and who were generous in offering giveaways. Again, a BIG Thank You!

Um, what was the topic of this post-- oh, right, my top ten list;-) The following is my top ten favorite books of 2012, starting with number ten:

#10: Love In Disguise by Carol Cox

Buy At Amazon

A unique glimpse into the world of acting, Love In Disguise takes the Pinkerton detective agency to another notch! Intrigue, mystery, humor, and a dash of romance-- a riveting novel wrapped in a lovely cover. 

#9: Sneak by Evan Angler

Buy At Amazon

The much anticipated sequel to Swipe, Sneak delivers the "punch" you've been waiting for. A great plot and high-strung emotion await you between the covers of this book. And the ending has that BANG! every reader wishes for. A real winner! I'm greatly anticipating the third installment in the Swipe Series.

#8: Swipe by Evan Angler

Read My Review
Buy At Amazon

#7: A Texan's Choice by Shelley Gray

Buy At Amazon

A down-to-earth look into the heart of a Texan gunslinger! Shelley has truly out-done herself with the hero, Scout Proffit. This book is a winner, if for no other reason than Scout (the hero). And the secondary characters were a great addition to an already wonderful book.

#6: Forsaking All Others by Allison Pittman

Buy At Amazon

For Time and Eternity, the prequel to Forsaking All Others, made it to my Top Ten list last year and it's no wonder that Forsaking All Others acquired a spot this year because, well, this book (and For Time and Eternity) is PHENOMENAL! This series (the Sister-Wife series) is definitely the best series I've read to date. My heart was fully invested in these characters-- I mean, fully. The prose is bea-u-ti-ful and the pages are full of such emotion and feeling that my emotions were in an uproar. If you read no other book in 2013, read these two books-- I am sure that you will not be disappointed. The only reason Forsaking All Others  is sixth on my list is because of the incomplete ending and I've heard no word of another installment, BUT do not let this hinder your interest in these books. Every minute spent in these pages are worth it.

#5: A Bride Opens Shop in El Dorado, California by Keli Gwyn

Read My Review
Buy At Amazon

#4: The New Recruit by Jill Williamson

Read My Review
Buy At Amazon

#3: Against the Tide by Elizabeth Camden

Read My Review
Buy At Amazon

#2: A Home in Drayton Valley by Kim Vogel Sawyer

Read My Review
Buy At Amazon

#1: The 13: Fall by Robbie Cheuvront and Erik Reed

Buy At Amazon

The 13: Fall was-- WOW! Phenomenal! Robbie Cheuvront and Erik Reed have done a wonderful job on this political thriller-- and a thriller it was. Full of emotion, suspense, and mystery. And political drama, complete with paid assassins! This was a definite page-turner and winner.

Why? Because the plot really surpassed my expectations and more. And not just the plot, but I connected with the characters and journeyed with them through their joys and pains-- especially Keene's. I loved his spiritual and physical change (attitude, view on God, etc...). And the suspense and intrigue! Edge-of-your-seat! Literally!

What made this book even more special was the fact that it dealt with something very dear to me: the future of America and how this country's rejection of God is piling up judgement for us. I don't know how many times I cried when reading this possible scenario of America's future unfold. It prompted me to pray even more earnestly for America and our authorities.

This book evoked all types of emotions from me: laughter, tears, anger, exhilaration, and ultimately an awareness of my continuous need of God. A book that prompts me to pray more earnestly for my beloved country definitely deserves top place-- and a book that leaves me laughing and crying at the same time when I read the last word deserves top place all the more. This, and many other reasons, is why The 13: Fall has earned first place in my top ten books of 2012. 
**********

CBRB Best Hero Award goes to... Scout Prroffit from A Texan's Choice by Shelley Gray

CBRB Best Heroine Award goes to... Camilla Fox from For Time and Eternity by Allison Pittman and Forsaking All Others by Allison Pittman

CBRB Best Child Award goes to... Tildy from A Bride Opens Shop In El Dorado, California by Keli Gwyn

CBRB Best Plot Award goes to... The 13: Fall by Robbie Cheuvront and Erik Reed

**********
Honorable Mentions 
~ No Safe Harbor by Elizabeth Ludwig
~ The Anniversary Waltz by Darrel Nelson
~ The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck 
~ The Maid of Fairbourne Hall by Julie Klassen
~ My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade
~ Replication by Jill Williamson
~ The Scent of Cherry Blossoms by Cindy Woodsmall

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the writer of the books who won. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reviews. Enjoyed reading thru your list.

    ReplyDelete