Wednesday, February 13, 2013

CFBA Tour: Shattered by Dani Pettrey

Buy At Amazon
"When her prodigal brother Reef's return to Yancey, Alaska, is shattered by his arrest for murder, Piper McKenna is determined to protect him.

Deputy Landon Grainger loves the McKennas like family, but he's also sworn to find the truth. And he knows those closest to you have the power to deceive you the most. With his sheriff pushing for a quick conviction, some unexpected leads complicate the investigation, and pursuing the truth puts Landon's career in jeopardy.

When Piper launches her own investigation, Landon realizes he must protect her from herself--and whatever complications await as the two follow clues deep into Canada's rugged backcountry. Not only does their long friendship seem to be turning into something more, but this dangerous case is becoming deadlier with each step"


A daunting mystery and warm romance, Shattered by Dani Pettrey lived-up to its great anticipation generated by readers like me who read and enjoyed Submerged by Dani Pettrey. The McKennas welcomed me into their loving family a second time and dragged me on an even greater adventure than the last time I visited them. Every step of Karli Davis's murder investigation, I was there– tracking leads, finding clues, and being as disappointed and confused as the McKennas were when a lead didn't pan out. The reason as to why Karli was murdered came as a surprise to me.

Watching Piper and Landon's budding romance grow was sigh-worthy. And it was great to see Landon surrender his life to the Lord. For some reason, I was somewhat more invested in Darcy St. James and Gage's romance than in Landon and Piper's. Maybe because Gage was such a troubled soul and Darcy was so different than Meredith, Gage's former love. And I can hardly wait for Jake and Kayden's love story– there's so much mystery surrounding the both of them!

With numerable twists and plot curve balls, Shattered kept me flipping the pages– although, the scientific aspect toward the end of the book seemed somewhat forced and I would have liked it to be elaborated upon more. For those who read Submerged or enjoy a hard-to-solve mystery with a healthy dose of romance, be sure to read Shattered. I give it 4 out of 5 stars. It can be bought at Amazon.com.

** Much thanks to the Christian Fiction Blog Alliance and the publisher for providing a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review, which I have given **

No comments:

Post a Comment