Monday, July 21, 2014

The Liebster Award and The Sunflower Blogger Award


CBRB has been nominated by Sharon (at Sharon Lee Hughson's World). Thank you for choosing CBRB, Sharon! I am honored!

The following portion are the guidelines for accepting the award, as presented in my nominator’s blog:
The Liebster Award is very unique in the fact it brings recognition to the smaller blogs of the ‘verse.  With that in mind, all of the nominated blogs will have less than 200 followers.
The rules:
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5.  No tag back thingys.

CBRB has also been nominated by Shannah (at Book Reviews by Shannah). Thank you, Shannah! I appreciate that you thought of CBRB!

The rules:

  1. Share 11 facts about yourself
  2. Answer the 11 questions the previous blogger asked
  3. Tag 11 bloggers and ask them 11 new questions

Here's my attempt to kill two birds with one stone. I'll list 11 facts about myself (such a cheat, I know, but I could barely come up with 11 facts about myself––imagine 22!). I'll answer the individual 11 questions (no cheating here) and create 11 new questions (clears throat;-)). And I'll nominate a total of at least 11 blogs. Okay, here it goes . . .

11 Facts About Myself:

1. I am a Christian--praise Jesus!
2. I am Hispanic

3. I understand spanish, but can use some practice speaking it
4. I have easy-to-manage-yet-really-curly hair
5. My favorite Bible verse is Matthew 6:33 "
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
6. I play drums at my Church
7. I'm in the beginning stages of writing a novel (shhh . . . ;)
8. I really enjoy reading Christian fiction and blogging about it and the authors who write it (obviously!)
9. I was in public school until 6th grade and home-schooled from 7th grade and beyond (so if any home-school Moms need some great curriculum recommendations, let me know. I'll be happy to recommend my favorites!)
10. I can manufacture a great dinner of stuffed shells:-)
11. My dream career is to be a Christian fiction publicist (surprise, surprise;-))

My Answers to Sharon's Questions:

1. If you were a book, what genre would you be?
Hmm . . . Comedy. "A joyful heart is good medicine . . . ." ( Proverbs 17:22) I love laughter--so much so that my family already has a term for my moments of silly, continuous laughter (usually when I'm overly tired): The laughing bug:-)

2. If you were a book, who is your author?

Jesus Christ. "Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." (Psalm 139:16)

3. Where in the world would you travel if time and money were unlimited?

Wow. First on my list is Israel. From there the list goes on, beginning with sites of historical importance--battlegrounds, Rome, France . . . .

4. Your favorite food in the world is...

Pasta with Alfredo sauce--or is it ice cream?

5. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream (please don’t say vanilla!)?

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough . . . you know you want some;-)

6. What’s your favorite season and why?

Spring. The climate's perfect--not too hot or cold (although spring didn't seem to get the memo this year). Plus, my birthday is in spring:-)

7. Name the teacher that most deeply affected your life.

Besides my parents . . . my Pastor. His dedication to teaching the Word of God--only the Word of God--has profoundly impacted my life. I thank God for my Pastor!

8. The most important quality in a friend is...

Loyalty

9. Describe your comfy clothes.

Besides my pajamas? A flowy jean skirt with my loose fitting "Princess, Daughter of the King" t-shirt designed by my father.

10. Do you prefer it warm or cool in the room when you sleep?

Cool--except I loathe the result: sniffles (a runny nose)

11. What would the title of your autobiography be?

Written In the Stars. God told Abraham in Genesis 22:17-18, "I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me.”

Because Jesus is the descendant of Abraham who completed the prophecy "through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed"--which includes me--my story begins with God's promise to Abraham that his descendants will be "as numerous as the stars in the sky." Therefore, it's a story Written In the Stars.

My Answers to Shannah's Questions:

15. Where is your favorite place to read?

My Grandfather's patio/balcony in Puerto Rico. Pure Bliss.

16. What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

Hmm . . . Church trips. I love the joy of fellowship with Believers!

17. Do you prefer e-books or paperback/hardback books?

You know, a couple months ago I would have said paperbacks, hands down. Now, as I've been reading more on my kindle, I've come to appreciate the minimalism of e-books. I have enough paperbacks glaring at me from my desk, night stand, and bookshelves. Of course, if it's an author I really enjoy . . . nothing beats a paperback.

18. If you could meet one historical person, who would it be?

Besides Jesus, David, the Apostles, and the Prophets? Probably a World War II hero. Or one of the Founding Fathers.

19. You are on a desert island. You can have wish for three things. What would they be?

My family (that counts as one thing, right?). A Laptop--with Internet (I'm stretching, I know). And the Tree of Life (wish you would've thought of that one, huh?;)

20. Who is your favorite fictional character of all time?

It's a tie between Camilla Fox from the Stister-Wife series by Allison Pittman and Elisa Lindheim from The Zion Covenant series by Bodie and Brock Thoene. Or Trudy from the Shiloh Legacy series by Bodie and Brock Thoene. Or--oh, I don't know!

21. What is the greatest lesson you have learned from reading a fiction book?

Things are never as they appear--whether it be a guy, a situation, the government . . . . No wonder I have such an active imagination;)

22. Do you love your job?

I'm a full-time student, but I enjoy reviewing books, interviewing authors, and hosting giveaways here on CBRB and look forward to my future career as a Christian publicist.

23. What is your favorite quote?

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" ~ Patrick Henry

24. Do you like to buy new books or are you ok with used?

I like to buy used books that look like new:)

25. What have you learned about yourself lately?

I can easily become complacent when I should be constantly striving for more--more of God and His Word.

For the Liebster Award I'm Nominating:

Jennifer ~ WordSmith
Shannah ~ Book Reviews By Shannah
Faith ~ Found A Christian by His Grace
Kav ~ Best Reads
Rachelle ~ Inspiring Daring

For the Sunflower Blogger Award I'm Nominating:

Rachel ~ Rachel Coker
Melanie ~ Christian Bookshelf Reviews
Rel ~ Relz Reviewz

My Questions:


1. What is your least favorite genre?
2. What is your all time favorite book?
3. What would be your ideal Christian fiction novel?
4. What is your favorite Christian artist/band or song?
5. Do you have a hobby (besides reading;)? If so, what is it?
6. What is the funniest/quirkiest thing you’ve ever done?
7. What Bible scripture has impacted your life the most?
8. What is your dream job?
9. How and when did you come to know the Lord Jesus in a deep and intimate way?
10. What three adjectives would you use to describe yourself?
11. What five things do you love/like the most?

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Aizess I really enjoyed learning more about you! Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, we have some things in common. :) I play the keyboard at church, and I've been working on my own novel, too..Though I've put it aside for a while to work on other things. And I'm half Hispanic! :) Thanks for nominating WordSmith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun getting to know you better, Aizess. Thanks for the nomination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Aizess, thank you for nominating me! It made my night. :-)
    It really did!
    And that is a great answer to the autobiography question. I bet you've heard that Rich Mullins song, Sometimes by Step, where he sings 'Sometimes I think of Abraham / How one star he saw was lit for me / He was a stranger in this land / and I am that no less than he'
    I love the questions you chose. Those will be fun to answer.
    Blessings in Him!!!
    ~Faith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the nomination, Aizess! Like the others have said, your post is great, and it's fun to learn more about you. :) And I'm totally with you on the ebook/paperback thing! I love paperbacks, but my Kindle's convenience is slowly but surely winning me over...even though I think I'll always appreciate paperbacks. :)

    I actually posted about the Sunflower Award on my blog a couple of months ago (HERE), so I probably won't post about it again, but thank you again for thinking of me!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete