Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Girl Behind the Blog: Christian Book Review Blog

There is only one time in my life that I disliked reading . . . and that was in pre-kindergarten when learning to read was a chore. After I learned to read, I was the girl who loved filling my ziplock bag with books from my classroom library. The one who savored every minute of the half-hour "Independent reading time" in elementary school and had to be scolded by my teacher so that I would "put the book away" once the thirty minutes passed. I mean, why did I need to learn math when I could read a good book?

In middle school my cousin introduced me to the Love Comes Softly series by Janette Oke and my interest in modern Christian fiction began. (I had already read and loved classic Christian novels from Martha Finley, Grace Livingston Hill, and Isabella Alden.) By my freshmen year of high school I learned that I could obtain free Christian books in exchange for my honest review and so Christian Book Review Blog made its debut in the blog world. (You can learn more about these review programs in the Review Free Christian Books tab.)

Since then, Christian Book Review Blog has been a hobby of mine. Throughout high school, when the classic question "What do you want to be when you grow up?" arose, I was confident in my answer––I wanted to study Education . . . until roughly a year ago. God placed in my heart a desire to be a book publicist which came completely from left field and yet, fits my interests perfectly. It was a light-bulb moment––I had never seriously considered turning my love of books into a viable career. I like to say that I changed my major while in high school.

I am now a graduating high school senior with college just around the bend. God willing, I will be attending The King's College in NY, New York this coming fall with the intentions of majoring in Media, Culture, and the Arts as my first step to becoming a Christian Book Publicist. Before the college application process, I never realized how expensive higher education is––especially private colleges. I am now in the process of applying to scholarships to help pay for college (besides looking for a summer job).

In fact, I have recently been nominated for the $1,000 Young Christian Leaders scholarship for the month of June (I am one among ten nominees). Family and friends are asked to vote for a nominee, since votes account for 25% of the scholarship winning process. Anyone can vote for one nominee, one time everyday, in the month of June. Many of the authors featured on CBRB and readers of CBRB have become virtual friends and I would greatly appreciate if you would vote for me. Here's the voting link:


Thank you in advance for your help!

I continue to see the love of reading in my future . . . at the very least, I will continue to love and read the Bible. Thank you VERY much to all the authors and readers who continue to grace CBRB with their presence. This blog would be nothing without you! Oh, and please go vote . . . pretty please with a cherry on top:-) 

A Question for you: What is your dream job?

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Jen! Your vote is greatly appreciated :)

      Delete
    2. Aizess, would you kindly help me spread the word? Download my free e-book, "When Two Pray: Discover The Power of Praying as Husband and Wife". http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B018HGNV5Y?ref=aw_sitb_digital-text

      Help spread the word by sharing the above free ebook link. It is free through the 1st!

      YouTube book trailer: http://youtu.be/SnqKZdGJkLs

      I would sincerely appreciate your honest review by Tuesday, 12/1. By doing this you will help me get the message of the power of prayer to many households for the glory of God.

      Thank you! God bless you. Kaynee Correoso

      Delete